Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A trip to the Doctors....

A trip to the Doctors.....


     I had felt alot of pain in my body this past weekend so I gave in and went to see the doctor.  My blood pressure is at a dangerous level.  I am obese.  I can say some of it is because my thyroid went out, but since I am on medication, blame is now all on me.  I need to start with a healthier eating style.  (You see what I eat.  I don't feel it is horribly bad, but it can be improved....as well as the late night snacks that you don't see).

     The major part of the pain is caused by both my hips having arthritis. They gave me some medication to take the swelling in my joints down and it seems to be working so far.

     My weight is a major issue in both.  Losing weight is less weight my hips have to carry, and less pressure on my heart.  To help with this, I will be switching up my Monday Morning Menu to what I eat the week before rather than planning ahead, so that I can take more advantage of fresh vegetables and salads.
  I may even toss in a day of progress for those that want to join on my journey.

Last Nights Dinner

     I missed out on taking pictures but for dinner last night we had a salad of mixed lettuce, spinach, and other baby leafy lettuces.  I chopped up tomatoes and added them.  We also heated up some of the leftover chicken from Sunday nights feast. 
      Then we chopped up other veggies and everyone got to add what they wanted to their salads.  For veggies we chopped up: celery, onion, green onion, mushrooms, and cheese.  It was pretty much whatever we had in our fridge.  
A very simple dinner for a hot night.  Afterwords, my husband and my son worked in the yard and garden so I could plant my tomato plants.

What a great end to a tiring day.

And now, I'm going to go have coffee in the garden with my tomato plants.....

No comments:

Post a Comment