Monday, August 11, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - August 11, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - August 11th, 2014


     It is mid August all ready.  Where did the year go?

     This week for our menu, I thought it would simple things up a bit and have one day where I go all out.  Not because it is a busy week, but because I deserve a break.

1.  Dump Chicken (Here are some recipes for dump chicken)

2.  Sketti Soup - Simple recipe that my daddy used to make because he knew us girls loved it.  It is simply ground beef fried up, pasta cooked, and tomato juice.  I have also tried it with a vegetable juice and it is yummy too.

3.  Keilbasa and cabbage

4.  Ribs (not sure what I'm doing with these but they are in the freezer)

5.  Desert Chili- I planned this a week or so back and on the day I was cooking it, hubby had a potluck at work and wanted to make his own chili, so we did that and I saved the ingredients for this one and just bought fresh onion and ground beef.

6.  Homemade Mac and Cheese with hot dogs

7.  Roast Chicken, stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole, salad (this is my "go all out" day but I plan to make it simple by roasting the chicken either in the crock pot or in the solar oven.)

For breakfasts we have planned:

Biscuits and sausage gravy
Muffins
Cereal
Oatmeal

As for the shopping challenge, last week we didn't keep track.  I did notice more junk food sneaking into the house (not blaming this totally on hubby).  But I think in all, I did pretty good at spending less.

Linked up at:
http://beingfrugalbychoice.com/2014/08/homemade-mondays-week-93.html
http://newlifeonahomestead.com/2014/08/mondays-homestead-barn-hop-171/


No comments:

Post a Comment