Sunday, June 10, 2012


Menu Plan for the Week

Here is the menu for the week.  I see a lot of changes I need to make in following weeks to make meals simpler.  I know some of you have your days planned out for bread making, baking, and other things that are done weekly.  Tips and suggestions are welcome.

Saturday-
B- fruit, granola cereal (homemade)
S-apples
L-homemade hoagies (made the rolls fresh), potato salad (made with homemade mayo)
S- pretzels, cheese
D-Tacos (we ended up having leftovers)


Sunday-
B- fried potatoes, eggs
L-winter squash soup (made with cashaw squash from the garden)
S- Veggie slices
D- Shredded (canned) chicken in gravy over mashed potatoes, greens (spinach from farmers market), rolls (homemade yesterday), and cranberry sauce (home canned from cranberry sale after thanksgiving)

Monday-
B- Homemade poptarts
S- fruit
L-Chicken Salad Sandwiches (homemade bread, canned chicken, homemade mayo)
S- fruit or jello
D- Potato Chowder, homemade rolls
Desert- Pudding w/homemade whipped cream

Tuesday-
B- Orange Cranberry Muffins (homemade)
S- Smoothies
L- Leftovers
S- Jello
D- Kielbasa, sauerkraut, beets (canned), rolls (homemade)
Desert- cookies

Wednesday-
B- Granola (homemade), Yogurt (homemade)
L- Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (homemade bread & jelly/jam)
D- Pork Stew (canned pork cubes from a roast), rolls (homemade)
Desert- Peach Cobbler

Thursday-
B- fruit platter, granola
L- stir fry veggies, rice
D- Sheppard's pie, rolls
Desert - melons

Friday-
B- Cinnamon Rolls (homemade)
L- Leftovers
D- sketti soup (kids favorite - noodles, tomato juice or vegetable juice, ground beef)

For the budget challenge, I will be using items I have canned, but as I run low, I will be refilling my supply.  I noticed that I have only 3 lbs of ground beef left on the shelf so either later this week or next week, I will be getting 10 lbs and canning it.

I usually like to make my menu after Wednesday because that is the day the sales come out here.  And I hit the farmers market on Saturday mornings.

How is your menu planning and food budget going?

Shared link on:




No comments:

Post a Comment