Monday, June 18, 2012

Budget Challenge Menu Plan    


      As previously stated, last week was a disaster on the plan.  This week, I hope to make it a bit simpler.  I actually had more plans then days.
     I did my main shopping yesterday and it came to a bit over $110.  I will probably have to pick up another gallon of milk before the week is over and perhaps more vegetable and fruit snacks, but the main part is done.  I did purchase ten pounds of ground beef.  I usually have half a dozen lbs canned on my shelves but I am down to one, so we will be canning this week.  We are getting a break in this heat this week.  It is due to rain on Wednesday! Yeah!  I will probably be saving bread making for that day.

Breakfasts
Muffins
Granola Cereal
Pop Tarts
Yogurt w/granola

Lunches
Steak Salad
Shrimp Spinach Salad
Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Turkey Sandwiches
Egg Salad Sandwiches

Dinners
Saturday- Tacos, homemade tortillas (so they weren't round and perfect, but it was fun)
Sunday- Steak, steak fries, salad (Fathers Day, so it was hubby's choice)
Monday- Shredded BBQ pork on hamburger buns, potato salad, vegetable
Tuesday- Chili Cheese Dogs (making double batch of chili for Thursdays dinner too)
Wednesday- Ham and Swiss Quiche
Thursday- Chili Mac (Thank you to my sister, Joan, for getting my kids begging for this)
Friday- Homemade Personal Pizzas (everyone makes their own)


What are you having for dinner?

Linked up at:




No comments:

Post a Comment