Menu Plan Monday 7/28/14
When I buy meats at the store, I usually buy in the big family packs because they are more cost effective. In doing so, I have alot of meat left since we only use half the package for a meal. You will see our weekly budget go up and down because of that.
Without further delay, here is this weeks menu (not necessarily in this order):
1. Ribs, cucumber and tomato salad, beans
2. Spaghetti with garlic bread
3. Chicken helper, vegetable, rolls
4. Navy Beans with ham hock, cornbread
5. Painted Desert Chili Mix in a Jar (recipe HERE), Cornbread
6. Stuffed Cabbage, Dinner Rolls
7. Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Vegetable, Rolls
$155 Challenge Results for the WeekWe did rather well with the challenge for this first week. We spent a total of $134.03 and had $20.97 remaining to start this week with. This included two trips to the grocery store and one to Fruit King I made a trip to the bank this morning and added $155 for this week to my grocery money pouch and did my weekly shopping. I will post results next week, since I may have to make a trip or two to the store between now and then.
I think we can actually cut the spending a bit more, but I want to make sure I can do this before we lower the amount.